Meet your new best friend!
When you adopt from PAWS, you are truly saving a life. Read on for rescued animals who are waiting to meet you! Every time an animal is adopted, it opens up a space in our no-kill facilities for the next homeless pet in need.
Learn about our adoption process, fees, and what to expect.
Scroll below to meet a selection of pets who are waiting. To see the full list of available PAWS pets, visit here.
All Available Animals
Ready to Add a New Member to your Family?
We look forward to helping you adopt a pet! Read about our convenient process, adoption fees, and how to meet available animals.
Adopt A Cat
Looking for a feline companion? Our online adoption application is the first step to welcoming a PAWS cat or kitten into your family.
Adopt A Dog
Complete the online application to get started: it will help us learn about your household and lifestyle to make the best match possible.
- Cat (6 months of age and older): $60
- Kitten (under 6 months of age): $100, or $150 when you adopt a pair
- Small dog (under 25 lbs) and any puppy (under 1 year of age): $250
- Large adult dog (older than 1 year): $150
(Fees listed above do not include PA sales tax.)
Available animals are waiting for you:
- at PAWS’ Old City Adoption Center (100 N. 2nd Street)
- at PAWS’ Northeast Adoption Center (1810 Grant Avenue)
- in foster homes (see individual pet listings for contact info)
Plus, visit these satellite adoption locations (cats only):
- Kawaii Kitty Cafe (759 S. 4th Street)
- PetSmart in South Philadelphia (2360 Oregon Avenue; M-F 6-8pm; Sat/Sun: 11-3)
- New! Petsmart at Broad Street and Washington Avenue (M-F 6-8pm; Sat/Sun: 11-3)
Frequently Asked Questions
I am applying for a specific PAWS animal. If my application is approved, am I guaranteed that animal?
There is a chance the animal may already be adopted once you are ready to bring it home. When your application is approved, it will be good for any animal in PAWS’ care that would be a good match for you and your household. Your application is valid for three months so you have time to find the right one for you!
Can you hold an animal for me until I am ready to adopt?
PAWS is not able to hold animals for potential adopters: every day we hold an animal is a day we cannot save another in danger.
How can I adopt an animal who’s been overlooked and needs me the most?
Please browse our Most Urgent Animals to find out who needs you! Some have special medical or behavioral needs, and others have simply been waiting a long time. Or, stop by an adoption center and ask who’s been waiting the longest. We can help you match you with a pet who not only needs you the most, but is also a good match for your home and lifestyle.
Can you offer advice on dog and cat care?
Find lots of useful resources here on bringing home a new pet, common behavior issues, pet care advice, and more.