Please note: If your pet is experiencing an emergency, please take them to the nearest ER. Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center and Penn Vet are two local facilities providing emergency services.
PAWS is NOT an emergency hospital, nor do we provide full services such as overnight care or extensive surgery. We are a clinic intended to serve those who may be struggling to afford or access basic veterinary care.
Online Pharmacy: PAWS now offers an online pharmacy service offering fast, free shipping on pet medications and more.
Cost includes rabies and distemper vaccinations if needed, e-collar (plastic cone) for all dogs and female cats, plus complimentary nail trim.
- Cats: $70
- Dogs under 40 lbs: $110
- Dogs 40-90 lbs: $145
- Dogs over 90 lbs: $195
Available for additional charge:
- microchip ($20; recommended for all pets)
- flea preventatives
- de-worming treatments
- additional surgical services as needed (costs vary).
Spay/neuter services at both the Grays Ferry clinic and the Northeast clinic can now be self-scheduled online.
Attention Trappers: Spay/neuter for feral cats is available, space permitting. Please call or email two days prior to the day you expect to bring cats in to confirm availability; we cannot accept walk-ins at this time.
PAWS provides exams and treatments for common conditions. The fee for the visit is $25, plus the cost of any additional tests/medications prescribed by our veterinarian.
We also offer wellness visits. Preventive medical care is the most important thing you can do to help your pet live a long, healthy life. It’s more than just shots! While annual vaccinations are important, a complete yearly wellness visit with a vet is key to detecting and preventing illness.
You can make an appointment by calling or emailing one of our clinic locations.
You can schedule your own appointment online for vaccines, dewormer, FeLV/FIV testing, flea treatment, and microchips. (If you prefer, you can still call or email us to schedule, but please note that there may be a delay due to our high call volume.)
Click to book a vaccine appointment at:
PAWS GRAYS FERRY Clinic
PAWS NORTHEAST (Grant Avenue) Clinic
- New appointments for online scheduling will open weekly, or as they become available.
- Our online scheduler is for the services listed below only. For these services, your pet will not see a veterinarian. If your pet is sick, injured, or due for an annual checkup and needs to see a veterinarian, please make an appointment by calling or emailing one of our clinic locations.
- If your pet has a history of adverse vaccine reaction, they should not be scheduled online. Instead, please email the clinic location you would like to visit (Grays Ferry: email@example.com, Northeast: firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment with our veterinarian.
- To receive vaccines, kittens must be at least 2 lbs (approximately 8 weeks), toy breed puppies must be 8 weeks or older, and all other puppies must be 6 weeks or older.
• Visit fee: $15 per animal
• Rabies and distemper vaccinations: $25
• Other vaccinations as needed: $12-25
• Microchipping: $20
• FIV/FeLV testing: $25
• Heartworm testing: $25
• 4DX testing (Heartworm, Lyme, etc): $30
• De-worming: $5-14
• Flea treatment: $14-16
Last Litter Program
Preventing the birth of unwanted litters reduces the homeless pet population and is vital to our goal of ensuring that every savable pet in Philadelphia has a loving home. Through our Last Litter program, we offer FREE spay/neuter surgery for any cat or dog whose babies are surrendered to PAWS for adoption!
How it works:
- When the puppies or kittens are weaned (eating on their own/no longer nursing), email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to surrender the babies.
- Once you have confirmed your surrender appointment, we will schedule a free spay/neuter appointment for your adult cat or dog.
- At PAWS, the puppies or kittens will be vaccinated, treated for worms and fleas, spay/neutered, and microchipped. Then, we’ll find them great homes!
END OF LIFE SERVICES
Saying goodbye to a pet is a difficult decision, but PAWS is dedicated to making those services affordable and accessible. To schedule end of life care, please contact the clinic you would like to visit.
Costs are based on your pet’s weight:
- 1-hour appointment: $50 fee. This includes being seen by a veterinarian and you may choose to be present with your pet or not.
- Cat: $30
- Dog under 40 pounds: $40
- Dog 40-90 pounds: $60
- Dog 91 or more pounds: $80
- Group cremation (you will not receive your pet’s ashes):
- Up to 5 pounds: $10
- 5-30 pounds: $15
- 31-70 pounds: $35
- 71 or more pounds: $60
- Private cremation (your pet’s ashes will be returned to you; pick up at our clinic):
- Up to 5 pounds: $60
- 5-30 pounds: $80
- 31-70 pounds: $105
- 71 or more pounds: $135
Cremation services for already deceased pets can be scheduled by appointment, or handled by our front desk team on a walk-in basis during business hours.
If your pet is sick, injured, or aging, and you are unsure of what care they need, please contact us to schedule a clinic appointment. A PAWS veterinarian will assess your pet and provide guidance for keeping them comfortable as long as possible, and then support you in making the decision to say goodbye when the time comes.