Please note: If your pet is experiencing an emergency, please take them to the nearest ER. Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center and Penn Vet are two local facilities providing emergency services.
PAWS is NOT an emergency hospital, nor do we provide full services such as overnight care or extensive surgery. We are a clinic intended to serve those who may be struggling to afford or access basic veterinary care.
Cost includes rabies and distemper vaccinations if needed, e-collar (plastic cone) for all dogs and female cats, plus complimentary nail trim.
- Cats: $70
- Dogs under 40 lbs: $110
- Dogs 40-90 lbs: $145
- Dogs over 90 lbs: $195
Available for additional charge:
- microchip ($20; recommended for all pets)
- flea preventatives
- de-worming treatments
- additional surgical services as needed (costs vary).
PLEASE NOTE: As part of PAWS’ changes to operations due to COVID-19, we are prioritizing spay/neuter for cats at this time. Spay/neuter surgery for owned dogs is not yet being scheduled.
Attention Trappers: Spay/neuter for feral cats is available, space permitting. Please call or email two days prior to the day you expect to bring cats in to confirm availability; we cannot accept walk-ins at this time.
PAWS provides exams and treatments for common conditions. The fee for the visit is $25, plus the cost of any additional tests/medications prescribed by our veterinarian.
We also offer wellness visits. Preventive medical care is the most important thing you can do to help your pet live a long, healthy life. It’s more than just shots! While annual vaccinations are important, a complete yearly wellness visit with a vet is key to detecting and preventing illness.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of PAWS’ changes to operations due to COVID-19, we continue to serve pets by appointment, via curbside service. You will be given instructions on our curbside procedures when you schedule your appointment.
Due to COVID-19, PAWS provides curbside service by appointment only. You can now schedule your own appointment online for vaccines, dewormer, FeLV/FIV testing, flea treatment, and microchips. (If you prefer, you can still call or email us to schedule, but please note that there may be a delay due to our high call volume.)
- New appointments for online scheduling will open weekly, or as they become available.
- Our online scheduler is for the services listed below only. For these services, your pet will not see a veterinarian. If your pet is sick, injured, or due for an annual checkup and needs to see a veterinarian, please make an appointment by calling or emailing one of our clinic locations.
- If your pet has a history of adverse vaccine reaction, they should not be scheduled online. Instead, please email the clinic location you would like to visit (Grays Ferry: firstname.lastname@example.org, Northeast: email@example.com) to schedule an appointment with our veterinarian.
- To receive vaccines, kittens must be 9 weeks or older, toy breed puppies must be 8 weeks or older, and all other puppies must be 6 weeks or older.
• Visit fee: $15 per animal
• Rabies and distemper vaccinations: $25
• Other vaccinations as needed: $12-25
• Nail trimming: $10
• Microchipping: $20
• FIV/FeLV testing: $25
• Heartworm testing: $25
• 4DX testing (Heartworm, Lyme, etc): $30
• De-worming: $5-14
• Flea treatment: $14-16