From May 4 to June 5, thanks to the generosity of our extraordinary community, PAWS raised $206,452 for Philadelphia’s animals. This is an incredible achievement and the most PAWS has ever raised in a single month! In all, 1,058 people and businesses donated to the effort, a moving show of support that will enable us to save and serve more animals in 2015 than ever before.
PAWS was one of the top finishers in the Saving Pets Challenge, a nationwide fundraising competition among shelters, and was recognized with a $20,000 grant from Found Animals Foundation. With this prize, PAWS raised a grand total of $226,452 for the pets who need us most!
A message from PAWS’ staff to all who contributed:
A few highlights from this incredible month:
- We held the first annual Philly Loves PAWS Day: Nearly 80 businesses donated 10% of proceeds to PAWS on May 20 and raised $15,000 for Philadelphia’s animals. It was such a success that we’re bringing it back next year: stay tuned for info!
- Nearly 60 team members collected donations from friends and family through personal fundraising pages.
- Supporters chipped in to stock up our kitten maternity rooms, heal cats with eye infections, and support dogs during their shelter stay.
- Our online community covered the cost of replacing a broken EKG machine at our spay/neuter clinic.
- For the first time, we opened up spots in the annual PAWS calendar to adopted pets: stay tuned to see our top fundraisers’ dogs and cats in the 2016 calendar!
- In the midst of this hectic month, we celebrated the first anniversary of our Northeast location, which served more than 10,400 pets in its first year.
- Everyone got involved in fundraising: even the kittens!
These funds came at the most important time: summer is the busiest season for the city’s shelters, with an overwhelming number of animals needing help. In 2015, PAWS is aiming to rescue 3,000 pets – more than we ever have before – and saving more lives requires more resources. We have already started putting your donations to work to rescue the ones who need us most!