Part-Time Kitten Foster Care Coordinator- Temporary – Grays Ferry
PAWS is currently hiring a part-time (24 hours per week) Kitten Foster Care Coordinator to support the foster team at our Grays Ferry location!
The Kitten Foster Care Coordinator supports PAWS Adoption-Foster Team in their efforts to facilitate kitten foster placements as well as the Medical Team in providing basic kitten care. The coordinator interacts with current and potential foster parents on a regular basis and must strive to provide a positive experience for these individuals at all times. Organizational skills and attention to detail are a must, as well as the ability to work in a busy environment. This position is grant funded and therefore temporary with an end date of October 2023.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Promoting kittens at the shelter for foster care and adoption by:
- – Taking good clear photos using a camera phone or DSLR camera;
- – Writing engaging personality bios;
- – Posting to our Cats Needing Foster website, foster plea emails, and foster Facebook group;
- – Reaching out directly to available foster parents;
- – Posting Ringworm kittens for adoption.
- – Placing kittens in foster care and counseling foster parents on the care the kittens will need and about our foster program so that they are set up for success and feel comfortable.
- – Following up with kitten foster parents to ensure they adhere to the foster process including vaccinations, medical plans, surgery schedules, and promotion for adoption.
- – Posting on PAWS social media (Instagram stories, Facebook stories, and Tiktok) to promote kitten foster care.
- – Providing basic kitten care and monitoring to the kitten population in the shelter including feeding/bottle feeding, flea bathing, vaccinations, and other basic care treatments.
- – Scheduling routine care appointments for kittens in foster care.
- – Promoting a humane and caring attitude towards pets and treating all animals with compassion at all times, including those who are sick, injured, fearful, or aggressive.
- – Replying to emails, answering phones, and responding to voicemail in a timely manner and with a professional and pleasant attitude.
- – Learning the software programs we use to maintain electronic records including Trello, AirTable, the Google Suite, ShelterLuv, RescueGroups, Mailchimp, and more.
- – Helping to maintain and ensure accuracy of information in our electronic records for both animals and foster parents/adopters.
- – Reviewing kitten foster and adoption applications.
- – Working cooperatively in a team environment with staff and volunteers.
- – Following established procedures governing safe work practices.
- – Other duties as assigned.
Specific job skills required:
- – Having a working knowledge and willingness to learn about basic animal behavior and health, specifically for kittens, in order to problem solve and provide support to foster parents who encounter challenges or have questions.
- – Experience with foster care and kitten care in shelter or rescue environments is preferred but not required.
- – Ability to read, write, and understand English (other language proficiency a plus).
- – Proficiency in Windows and Google Drive including Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar, etc.
- – Ability to communicate respectfully and patiently with a wide variety of audiences in sometimes sensitives or stressful situations.
Experience taking good, clear photos preferred but not required.
- – Proficiency in using Facebook and Instagram; Tiktok proficiency a plus.
- – Maturity, good judgment, a professional appearance, and a calm, tactful demeanor.
Education and experience required:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred. Experience working or volunteering in an animal rescue, shelter, or veterinary practice is preferred. Experience with customer service experience preferred.
- – Ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday and tolerate loud noises.
- – Ability to lift and move objects and animals weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances and to humanely restrain an animal when necessary.
- – Allergic conditions that would be aggravated when handling animals may be a disqualification.
Direct Supervisor: Foster Program Manager
Hours, Schedule, Compensation: 24 hours per week as (3) 8 hours days or (4) 6 hour days. This is a temporary position, lasting six months, from approximately April to October. All positions include at least one weekend shift per week. Compensation is $15/hour.
This position is located at PAWS’ 2900 Grays Ferry Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19146.
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com