2900 Grays Ferry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19146
View Map and Get Directions
Providing low-cost spay/neuter and basic veterinary care for pet owners who are unable to afford it elsewhere, as well as for rescue organizations and feral cat trappers.
For clinic or spay/neuter appointments:
call 215-298-9680 ext. 0
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please leave a voicemail if no one is available to take your call. Calls are returned within 24 hours.
- Due to the high demand for our clinic appointments, please only schedule an appointment if you are sure you will be able to make it.
- Please plan ahead: appointments for routine issues are typically booked at least 1-2 weeks out.
- Please note: PAWS is NOT an emergency hospital. If your pet is experiencing an emergency, please take them to the nearest ER. Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center and PennVet are two facilities in the region that offer emergency services.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.
Spay/Neuter (offered Monday-Saturday and includes rabies and distemper vaccinations if needed):
Dogs under 40 lbs: $100
Dogs 40-90 lbs: $135
Dogs over 90 lbs: $185
Clinic appointments (available seven days a week – wellness exams and treatments for common conditions):
$25 for the visit, plus the cost of any tests/medications prescribed by our vet.
Walk-in vaccination clinics:
Every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 10am to 4pm. No appointment necessary! $25 per animal.
(NOTE: Walk-ins are for vaccinations only. For all other medical issues, please schedule an appointment.)
Spay/neuter for feral cats is available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, space permitting. Please call or email two days prior to the day you expect to be able to bring cats in to confirm availability.
“If you are having trouble affording your cat or dog’s care, PAWS has a great Spay/Neuter and Wellness Clinic! Friendly and knowledgeable staff… I would recommend PAWS to anyone.”
– Jammie S.
About the Clinic:
Located in the Grays Ferry section of the city, PAWS’ low-cost Spay/Neuter and Wellness Clinic serves pet owners who have difficulty affording or lack access to basic veterinary care, and rescue organizations that need affordable services to carry out their lifesaving work. By providing low-cost veterinary care to the most vulnerable pets, the clinic is preventing the birth of countless unwanted litters, reducing the flow of animals into shelters, and bringing Philadelphia closer to becoming a no-kill city where every healthy and treatable pet is guaranteed a home. The clinic serves approximately 18,000 pets each year, including more than 8,000 spay/neuter surgeries.
The Clinic also contains shelter space for the cats and dogs PAWS rescues, where they receive care until they can be placed into foster or adoptive homes, or transferred to one of our adoption locations.
- Become a clinic or shelter volunteer!
- Donate! Our ability to keep costs low and operate our shelter depends on you!
“Thank you for the excellent work that you did on Coco. He is doing fine and seems like he is back to his old self.”
– Lisa, PAWS clinic client